MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts
The MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts – hosted annually by the Art Festival Association – offers a free, family-friendly community arts event that has provided art appreciation, live entertainment, children’s art education activities and enjoyment for more than 20 years.
Several blocks of North Main Street in Historic St. Charles will play host at the 23rd Annual MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts on September 15-17, 2017.
The MOSAICS Festival draws from across the St. Louis metropolitan region and surrounding states. The festival is also accessible to individuals of all abilities and. appeals to artists and visitors of all ages – from individuals to families, to those who appreciate art to the serious art collector, as well as aspiring artists and working arts professionals
Approximately 100 juried artists exhibit, sell their art, and compete for cash prize awards.
Established in 1992, the MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts was founded to create and foster diversity and vitality of the arts and to broaden the availability, education, participation and appreciation of the arts throughout the community.
The MOSAICS Art Festival Association presents a professional exhibition to showcase the local, regional and national artists, while also stimulating and educating the St. Louis area community. The MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts has an interesting diversity of artwork produced by a mix of emerging, mid-career and established artists in all media.
The MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts runs from 4:00 to 9:00 pm on Friday, September 15th; 11:00 am to 9:00 pm on Saturday, September 16th; and 11:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday, September 17th. The three-day festival includes:
- 100 juried artists from across the state, region and country will exhibit, discuss, and sell artwork. Artists from across the country will be present. Paintings, sculptures, photography, glass, jewelry, metal and woodworking are just a sample of the varied art mediums represented. $5,000 dollars in cash prizes is awarded to participating artists.
- A Performance Stage will showcase a variety of performing artists from across the region offering traditional favorites and eclectic stylings.
- Children’s Village, located on the 400 block of North Main Street in Historic St. Charles, will provide hands-on art experiences for children of all ages. Children will work with adults to create their own unique memento of the Festival. Sponsored by Mercy Kids
- The Art for Youth Gallery will provide children under the age of 18 with the opportunity to purchase professional works of art at a nominal fee. Sponsored by Mercy Kids
- Blank Canvas Studios and Preferred Family Healthcare’s A.R.T.C. Program (Achieving Recovery Through Creativity) are collaborating with the MOSAICS for the 2017 Festival event, and these community organizations will participate with artist displays and information booths.
- Mentor Me Exhibition Mentor Me is a program recognizing regional art teachers, students and school districts for their arts programming and the exhibition includes artwork from both students and their teachers. The Governor of Missouri has supported and recognized the Mentor Me program for the past 20 years, and participating students and teachers all receive a Certificate of Participation. The Mentor Me Exhibition is located in the Foundry Art Centre.